By Get Out With The Kids
Last year for Wild Night Out, we pitched our not so little tent in the garden and kitted it out with camping gear. It felt like we were on safari in this tent! In fact, we enjoyed it so much we slept in the tent for two nights.
Garden camping is an excellent way to introduce camping to children and Wild Night Out is the perfect opportunity to give it a go! Here are a few ideas and tips for spending a night in the garden.
1. You don't need a great big tent (like we did) to camp in the garden. A small tent will do just fine and much quicker and easier to set up!
2. Decorate the tent with some outdoor lights and comfy cushions to make the tent feel cosy. Get the kids involved with this too. They will enjoy helping to make the tent feel like home.
3. Cook outside - you could use a BBQ or, even better, a firepit. Try something different to the traditional burgers and sausages!
- Pocket pizzas these go down well with the kids, and they can get involved with making them. Recipe - https://www.getoutwiththekids.co.uk/camping/camping-tips/recipes/pocket-pizza/
- Sticky Chocolate Bananas - deliciously gooey and an easy treat to cook over a firepit or BBQ. Recipe - https://www.getoutwiththekids.co.uk/camping/camping-tips/recipes/sticky-chocolate-bananas/
-Bread Twists - A lot easier than it sounds and the kids will love cooking on a stick! Recipe - https://www.getoutwiththekids.co.uk/camping/camping-tips/recipes/bannock-campfire-bread/
Don't forget some marshmallows to toast as well!
3. Share the adventure - invite some friends round and have a little campsite in your garden!
4. Make use of the camping gear you've got, get out those camping chairs and torches!
5. Sing some songs around the firepit and tell some family campfire stories. You can find some family-friendly campfire stories here that you can download.
6. Don't forget teddy and the midnight feast!
WILD NIGHT OUT: GET INVOLVED
There are so many ways you can go wild at night. Anyone and everyone can take this opportunity to make some amazing memories to treasure forever. To get your imagination going, we’ve gathered together some ideas, stories, and how-to guides to help you design the very best Wild Night Out for you.
Everyone needs a Wild Night Out!