In July 2018, Will Girling starts his journey to set the NEW Southern to Northern Europe World Record in aid of Asthma UK. Setting off from Southern Spain all the way up to Nord Cape, Will aims to challenge stereotypes in the world of sports by putting his body to the test. Standing at 6ft 4" in the 100kg mark, he has been told over and over again that he is 'too big to ride'. Over the course of 18 days, will ride 250 Miles a day and will go #beyondstereotypes to break the record.
We are a strong team of 2 logistic managers, a photographer, a filmmaker and a physio, and are looking to add a social media manager to help us make this formidable effort worthwhile.
This world record attempt endeavors to show that one cannot be limited by stereotypes, and that who you are and what you can achieve can only be limited by your dreams.
The role will be UNPAID, so the ideal candidate would be someone who wants to expand their portfolio by being a part of something incredible.
- Take responsibility for Will Girling’s Social Media and RIDE WITH WILL Facebook page.
- Manage the content producers on the shoot, and liaise with sponsors to meet their content needs.
- Create a social media calendar
- Setup podcast meets, Youtube/influencer collaborations, radio interviews, pro riders to join in on sections of the ride etc.
- Develop and deliver Marketing strategies
- Convert basic written materials from expedition team into user friendly copy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident in dealing with sponsors and external influencers
- Ability to write good copy
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and manage content producers.
- Attention to detail
- Good personal organisation
- Ability to work well as an individual and as part of a team
- Creative and innovative with the talent to solve problems
- Have a positive can-do attitude
- Previous experience of working within a marketing environment would be desirable
- Knowledge or experience of social media and email marketing
- Knowledge of cycling brands and the fitness industry is desirable.
- An interest in doing the unimaginable.
The position will be a self motivated, in your own time until the attempt begins in July (TBC)
HOW TO APPLY:
Email: to: email@example.com with your name and SOCIAL MEDIA VOLUNTEER as the subject.
Please attach your CV, a short cover letter explaining how your skills would benefit the team and why you would like the job. Feel free to also include any supporting material i.e portfolio.
The closing date for applications will be 15th April 2018.