At Explorers Connect we believe adventure is a necessity of the human spirit. The modern world has become too easy, too averse to challenge and too disconnected from nature. This is having a negative effect on our physical and mental health. What we need is an #AdventureRevolution
In 2008 the explorer & campaigner, Belinda Kirk, established Explorers Connect to make adventure accessible to all.
“Adventure makes us happier and healthier, it teaches us to take challenges, to appreciate our wild places and each other and gives us moments of real joy. I’ve seen adventure change people’s lives, by fostering creativity, building confidence and giving inspiration" - Belinda Kirk
Over nearly 10 years, Explorers Connect has encouraged over 30,000 ordinary people to discover a world of outdoor challenges. The #AdventureRevolution has started!
As at July 2018, Explorers Connect has:
- inspired 237,521 days of adventure
- raised £94,000 and recruited over 150 volunteers for youth adventure and conservation charities
- established Wild Night Out, the National Day of Adventure to raise awareness and increase participation
- supported 2050 international expeditions with advice and teammates
- run events attended by 14,000 like-minded people to meet face to face and inspire adventure
- shared dozens of inspirational stories highlighting the benefits of adventure to wellbeing
Our aim are:
- To inspire One Million Days of Adventure
- To enable a generation to re-connect with adventure