Explorers Connect’s annual campaign “Wild Night Out” is holding free and very-low-cost events around the UK to encourage others to get outside on the national night of adventure 29th June 2019
Working with the Youth Hostel Association we are inviting you to campout with likeminded others at our adventure camp-outs at locations around the country. For these gatherings we are looking for volunteers to add a bit of magic to the evening :
· children’s storytellers (you could be a children’s author, teacher, poet or simply an enthusiastic reader)
· adventure storytellers (if you’d like to share your adventure experience around the campfire, you could have completed a big adventure or have stories to tell about smaller adventures closer to home)
· walk leaders (with Lowland, Hill & Moorland or Mountain Leader quals or equivalent to guide afternoon walks in the area)
· wildlife guides that can take others to find bats, badgers, foxes or more….
· bushcraft leaders who can teach some basic skills in the afternoon or around the campfire
We are particularly keen to hear from volunteers who are willing to travel to these areas:
Near Brecon in Brecon Beacons LD3 8NH
Truleigh Hill in the South Downs BN43 5FB
Near Ringwood in the New Forest BH24 4BB
Tanners Hatch near Dorking in Surrey RH5 6BE
If you can help us in these areas please state that in your email, otherwise please give us an idea of where you are or where you would like to travel to for the adventure
People across the UK will be coming together to have adventures outdoors, big and small on 29th June 2019. Wild Night Out is run by not-for-profit organisation Explorers Connect, supported by the UK's greatest explorers & adventurers and championed by Youth Hostel Association and Ordnance Survey For one night each year we are encouraging you to get outside. We’d love you to join us because we believe that Britons are spending too much time indoors which is badly affecting our wellbeing. We think the answer is to encourage and support each other to get outside and what better way than to set a date in the diary?
These are all voluntary roles to support this initiative. If you can offer any of the above services or have another idea to help add a little magic to our camp-outs please email Belinda on email@example.com with “Wild Night Out” in the subject heading