Dartmoor Wild Night Out Survival Challenge
Friday 29th June - Sunday 1st July 2018
Enjoy a real ‘wild night out’ as part of this exciting EC challenge weekend! Working in a small group you’ll need to navigate yourselves across Dartmoor National Park with only your map and compass and teamwork to get you through.
xxxxYou'll meet on Friday night at a local pub in Yelverton for a briefing on the course structure and to get to know everyone on the course. You'll also get a chance to run through all your kit with your instructors Neil and Alex to check you have everything you need before you leave for your night's accommodation - a basic walk-in/walk-out camping barn on the moor.
It’s a practical course so for the rest of the weekend you'll be getting remote out in the hills - you’ll leave from the bunkhouse on Saturday morning and head out on your mini-expedition, learning and practicing skills along the way. In the evening under the guidance of your instructors you'll get to pick your own wild campsite, and depending on weather you'll get a night navigation session too.
On Sunday morning you'll make your way back, consolidating the skills you've learned and getting any final tips and advice before you finish around 3pm.
xxxxYou'll start at the remote and rustic bunkhouse at Nun's Cross Farm in the middle of Dartmoor which is the base for our mini-expedition. The barn is basic and has no running water but has cooker plates, wood burners and also an indoor composting toilet.
After you leave the bunkhouse on Saturday morning you'll stay out for the rest of the weekend exploring the wilds of Dartmoor (if the weather's bad we can always come back to the bunkhouse on Saturday night).
xxxxYou don't need to have any wild camping experience at all to come on this course - we'll teach you everything from scratch. Everyone is likely to be a beginner so you'll all be in the same boat, and you'll have lots of opportunities to ask questions and get some one-to-one advice and top tips from your instructors.
EC adventures are informal, friendly and great fun! They're made up of singles, couples and small sets of friends with ages typically ranging from mid 20s to mid 40s but anyone over 18 years old and young at heart is welcome. Whether it's your first time exploring the outdoors or you're an adventure professional, EC adventures are a great way to meet like-minded people in a safe, welcoming and fun environment.
You'll need all your own equipment for two days walking and two nights' wild camping, including drinking water for the first night (during the expedition we'll be collecting drinking water from nearby rivers).
Please download our recommended kit list HERE - but if you need any help with this before the course please email Alex (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Two full day's guided walking around the Dartmoor National Park and wild camping skills tuition by qualified and experienced Mountain Leader Neil and assistant instructor Alex
- Two nights accommodation at Nun's Cross Farm Bunkhouse (Saturday night is a back up in case of bad weather)
- Two hot breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday morning
- One hot dinner on Saturday night
- A special night navigation and stargazing session on Saturday night led by your instructors (weather-dependent)
- One night's supervised wild camping experience accompanied by your instructors
xxxWHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Dinner at the pub on Friday night
- Lunches throughout the course
- All personal wild camping and cooking kit - please see the kit list above
BOOK NOW to take advantage of our discounted earlybird pricing!
- Discounted Earlybird price for EC CLUB Members - £149 (if deposit is paid before 4th May 2018)
- Discounted Earlybird price for non EC CLUB Members - £164 (if deposit is paid before 4th May 2018)
- Standard price for EC CLUB Members - £164
- Standard price for non EC CLUB Members - £179
You'll need to pay a £75 deposit on booking with the balance due by the 4th May 2018.
If you'd like to know more about this weekend or have a particular question about this or any of our adventures, please email email@example.com or call the office on 0117 405 7497 during normal office hours and we'll do our best to help you.