Wild Camping Skills 2 - 4 June 2017
Fancy camping in the wild but would like some more skills and experience first? Complete a mini expedition on Dartmoor and learn the skills for wild camping. By the end of the weekend we want you to have had a great adventure but also be armed with more skills to do your own wild camping trips in the future.
Over the course of the weekend we will cover topics such as:
- Kit - what to take lightweight for a multi-day trip, how to pack and tips on how to use it. Tents, hammocks and bivvi bags covered
- Food - advice on what to choose and how to cook it, hygiene and water
- Legal issues and etiquette when wild camping in the UK
- Camping - how to select a site, set and manage your campsite
- Safety - how to assess and avoid hazards and deal with emergencies
- Environmental Awareness - best practices on how to leave no trace
Spend the weekend hiking and camping on Dartmoor with like-minded people. In the past we have found that the course provides you with hard skills but also new contacts who you can go on adventures with.
If you've never come on an EC Adventure before, they're informal, friendly and great fun. We generally have singles, couples and small sets of friends coming along, from complete beginners to adventure professionals - what we all share is a love for adventure. Ages tend to range between mid 20s and mid 40s but anyone over 18 years old and young at heart is welcome.
Quotes from previous EC courses:
“A great weekend adventure - nothing beats sleeping under the stars and waking up in the morning with the sun on your face and the birds singing, with no one else around!” - Louise
Very clear calm instructing. Learnt a lot in a non-pressurised way. Excellent weekend, good company and teaching. Achieved way more than I expected” - Kathryn
- Earlybird price is £136 EC CLUB Members**/£146 non-EC CLUB Members if £75 deposit is paid on or before the 3rd April 2017
- Standard price is £146 EC CLUB Members**/£156 non-EC CLUB Members if £75 deposit is paid after the 3rd April 2017
- Tuition from experienced instructors in small groups
- Depending on weather: 1 night in a hut, 1 night wild camping (or two nights wild camping)
- Most camping meals
Price does not include equipment, please contact us for a kit list and advice on equipment
Any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Exciting news: We have a new booking system. It will save you time by remembering all of your important details. It will also automatically recognise if you are booking during the earlybird discount period and if you are an EC CLUB Member so you'll never miss a discount.
IMPORTANT: If you purchased EC CLUB Membership on our old system then we have already created an account for you, please sign in using the email address you asked us to contact you on when you bought membership.
**If you haven't joined EC CLUB yet, then this is a great time to do so, it’s only £40 per year to access local events only open to CLUB members – as well as discounts on other local events, our weekend events and loads of other adventure related discounts.